» » » » Wood Filament For 3D Printers

Wood Filament For 3D Printers

Laywoo-D33d_wood_filament_3d_printed_wood_owl_laywoo_d3jpg|http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8186/8429931495_d768fd74df.jpg

3D Printing With Wood!

The Laywoo-D3  is a 3D Printer Wood Filament that is a product of German engineering. This wood Filament is incredibly environmentally friendly as it is a mixture of 40% recycled wood and the remaining 60% is a polymer binding material. This mixture allows the Filament to be heated for use in a 3D Printer but also gives the material and your end product a wood look, feel, smell, and behavior. You can even vary the shade of the wood color by adjusting the temperature of your Extruder before or during your project; you can find some programs here that make it easy for you to make wood patterns. The Print temperature range for this Filament is between 185 degrees Celsius/365 degrees Fahrenheit to 230 degrees Celsius/446 degrees Fahrenheit. The Laywoo-D3 Filament doesn’t need a heated Print Bed in order to set properly which will save you on electricity consumption and/or if your 3D Printer doesn’t have a heated bed. If your 3D Printer is compatible with PLA Filament then it can also use the Laywoo-D3 wood Filament. You can shop for Laywoo-D3 3D Printer Filament here. You can save money by Printing your own wood filament by using this Filament spool from the Thingiverse website. Below you can watch a 3D Printer in action Printing with the Laywoo-D3 Filament!

  • Does Not Require High Heat/Heated Print Bed
  • Environmentally Friendly
  • Better For Those With Sensitive Respiratory Systems (Children, Elderly,…)
  • Wood Feel, Smell, And Behavior
  • Able To Adjust The Shade Of The Wood On Your Object During Printing
  • Very New To The 3D Printing World
  • Not As Heat Resistant As ABS

As Always, Happy Printing!

2 Responses

  1. […] Laywoo-D3 is a Wood Filament that allows you to 3D Print objects that look, feel, and behave like wood and works with your current 3D Printer! The Laywoo-D3 is a 3D Printer Wood Filament that is a product of German engineering. This wood Filament is incredibly environmentally friendly as it is a mixture of 40% recycled wood and the remaining 60% is a polymer binding material.This mixture allows the Filament to be heated for use in a 3D Printer but also gives the material and your end product a wood look, feel, smell, and behavior. You can even vary the shade of the wood color by adjusting the temperature of your Extruder before or during your project; you can find some programs here that make it easy for you to make wood patterns.The Print temperature range for this Filament is between 185 degrees Celsius/365 degrees Fahrenheit to 230 degrees Celsius/446 degrees Fahrenheit. The Laywoo-D3 Filament doesn’t need a heated Print Bed in order to set properly which will save you on electricity consumption and/or if your 3D Printer doesn’t have a heated bed. If your 3D Printer is compatible with PLA Filament then it can also use the Laywoo-D3 wood Filament. You can shop for Laywoo-D3 3D Printer Filament here. You can save money by Printing your own wood filament by using this Filament spool from the Thingiverse website. Below you can watch a 3D Printer in action Printing with the Laywoo-D3 Filament!  […]

  2. […] Laywoo-D3 3D Printing With Wood! The Laywoo-D3  is a 3D Printer Wood Filament that is a product of German engineering. This wood Filament is incredibly environmentally friendly as it is a mixture of 40% recycled wood and the remaining 60% … Read More […]

Leave a Reply